The month of October welcomed me with more blessings than I can count! I have been working on my Master’s for over a year now, while looking for a new job, juggling my relationship, work, friends and everyday life! After countless resumes and hours spent, the perfect job literally landed in my lap. God, provided me with everything I need for the next chapter in my life. With the incredible changes going on, I needed to stop and take a minute to do something that I love, it helps me relax and helps me slow down and appreciate all of the things I have to be grateful for.
Since I was a kid, I was whipping up every dessert you could imagine. Today that is no different. As life continues to get crazier and crazier, I always try and make time for my life long hobby. This past weekend I took some time to bake up some fall goodies, Pumpkin Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Icing and Fudgy Pumpkin Brownies with Cream Cheese Icing! Below you will find the recipe for the brownies! They were excellent and went perfectly with a glass of milk. We literally ate the entire tray in 1 day, don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of pure cane sugar
- 8 packs of Splenda (I like to cut some sugar out)
- Drizzle of Agave for extra sweetness
- 2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tbsp oil – I took it easy on the oil because the almond flour is super moist to bake with!
- 4 tbsp milk of choice – I used fat-free milk
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 tub of whipped cream cheese & Agave
**I put just enough for it to be sweet, use your best judgment on how sweet you want this!!**
Just a heads up, I adapted the recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie!