Does everyone love a fresh, warmed up blueberry muffin for breakfast? While I was working on my undergrad many moons ago, I worked at a restaurant called Perkins. They were fast food casual dining establishment that served piping hot pancakes, steaks, and salads. But, they were famous for their baked goods! Every day I would work I had the privilege of taking home the day old baked goods since they couldn’t serve them. Well, lucky for my roommates we had fresh muffins every day! I was spoiled!
Anyway, my love for muffins has continued til this day. A warm blueberry muffin, toasted with some butt-ahh! However, I am more health aware and love fitting into my skinny jeans, so I found a recipe that lets me have my muffin tops, without the extra pounds.
Below you will find a healthy twist on blueberry muffins! I found Greek yogurt chips and threw them in, well because why not?! They added a little extra sweetness, but a whole lot of YUMMMM!
Hope you love them! Let us know how yours came out!
What you need:
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Agave ( I used 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 packs of Splenda)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dash of Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt chips
How to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix ingredients in one big bowl, leave the blueberries for last!
- Add Blueberries – you don’t want to squish them!
- Spray muffin tins or use muffin paper cups
- Evenly scoop batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes – until golden brown! TIP: insert fork or toothpick to see if they are cooked all the way through. Fork or Toothpick should come out clean!
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
** FUN TIP**
- Add bananas to the batter for a little twist! Almond Blueberry Banana Muffins Follow the same directions as above, just cut up and mix some ripe bananas! Bake until golden brown!
Thanks for stopping by xo